Gov Comp: Mission and Vision
Mission and Vision
The MissionThe mission defines why the organization exists and guides the actions and decisions of the organization. It is a statement of purpose and function that states the organization's overall goal. The mission provides a framework of context within which the company's strategies are formulated. A mission statement may include a brief summary of what the organization does to meet the need of its existence. It should answer, "What we do . . . our purpose is...".
The mission statement should:
- Reflect the values of the organization.
- Focus on one common purpose.
A mission statement should be used to create a mission driven board. Include the mission statement on the organization's website, in newsletters, on member meeting materials, and in consumer information. The organization's board, executive committees and volunteers should be educated on the mission during orientation and planning meetings. When a decision is being made that affects the organization, the question should be asked whether the outcome of the decision aligns with the organization's mission.
The VisionWhile the mission defines what the organization does in the present the vision is an aspirational description of what the organization wants to be in the future.
To develop a vision:
- Describe the optimal future for the organization.
- Be specific to the organization.
- Be positive.
- Encompass the values of your organization.
|Mission Answers:||Vision Answers:|
The Academy's Mission and VisionUse the vision, mission and values of the Acdemy as a guide to help develop the mission and vision for the DPG, MIG, or affiliate.
Mission — Accelerate improvements in global health and well-being through food and nutrition
Vision — A world where all people thrive through the transformative power of food and nutrition
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and our members:
- Amplify the contribution of nutrition and dietetics practitioners and expand workforce capacity and capability
- Integrate research, professional development, technology and practice to stimulate innovation and discovery
- Collaborate to solve the greatest food and nutrition challenges now and in the future
- Focus on system-wide impact across the food, well-being and health care sectors
- Have a global impact in eliminating all forms of malnutrition